50 Moon Quotes About Love, Astrology, and Space
These moon quotes will fill you with inspiration and make you feel more connected to the universe.
The moon is a breathtaking vision of beauty and a powerful cosmic body. According to astrology, themoon phase that you are born beneath has a profound influence over your emotions, passions, personality, and more. This collection of moon quotes highlights the alluring and mysterious nature of the night sky.
What emotions do you feel when you look at the moon or walk outside in the moonlight? Absorbing energy from the moon can evoke powerful feelings and deep desires within yourself. Since we are all unique individuals, the energy from the moon impacts us all differently. It’s important to keepyour moon phase andzodiac sign in mind when evaluating your place in the universe. Check out this list of moon quotes for Instagram caption ideas, meditation guidance, or horoscope reading inspiration.
- “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” – Les Brown
- “The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to.” – Carl Sandburg
- “But even when the moon looks like it’s waning…it’s actually never changing shape. Don’t ever forget that.” – Ai Yazawa
- “The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness, but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “It is a beautiful and delightful sight to behold the body of the Moon.” – Galileo Galilei
- “The moon is queen of everything. She rules the oceans, rivers, rain. When I am asked whose tears these are; I always blame the moon.” – Lucille Clifton
- “I’d rather live in a world where I get to love the moon than in one where I don’t, even if the moon won’t return the feeling.” – Alex London
- “Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine.” – Gautama Buddha
- “During the day the Sun causes wounds. And in the night the Moon heals the wounds.” – Suyasha Subedi
- “I can feel the moon’s love for the earth in my soul when it’s magical silent silvery light touches my heart.” – Debasish Mridha MD
- “Your thoughts are a veil on the face of the Moon. That Moon is your heart, and those thoughts cover your heart. So let them go, just let them fall into the water.” – Rumi
- “The moon was reigning over their world, glowing its full splendor to all those willing to look up.” – Irina Serban
- “You are the sun. You bring warmth, laughter and joy—but he is the moon. He draws me into a world of mystery that I have never known.” – Meredith T. Taylor
- “As the seas are claimed, the Moon shall be the jewel in the prize. Claimed, not as a safe haven, but as an island of menace within the sky. And the last nail will have been driven home when humanity realizes their inactive mistakes.” – Anthony T. Hincks
- “The moon fascinates us in her simplicity.” – Avijeet Das
- “This is what I am talking about: the bewitching power of moonlight. Moonlight incites dark passions like a cold flame, making hearts burning with the intensity of phosphorus.” – Rampo Edogawa
- “When I look at the moon I do not see a hostile, empty world. I see the radiant body where man has taken his first steps into a frontier that will never end.” – David Scott
- “The moon stared at me through sprinkled nighttime stardust and I alone smile.” – Jay Long
- “The faults of a superior person are like the sun and moon. They have their faults, and everyone sees them; they change and everyone looks up to them.” – Confucius
- “The beautiful moon is an antidepressant. Love for her light is in every heart because she is so friendly, loving and forgiving.” – Debasish Mridha MD
- “The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human. Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections.” – Tahereh Mafi
- “She is twice as beautiful as the moon and all of the stars together.” – Giovannie de Sadeleer
- “The Moon is the first milestone on the road to the stars.” – Arthur C. Clarke
- “When hope is fleeting, stop for a moment and visualize, in a sky of silver, the crescent of a lavender moon. Imagine it — delicate, slim, precise, like a paper-thin slice from a cabochon jewel. It may not be very useful, but it is beautiful. And sometimes it is enough.” – Vera Nazarian
- “The wisdom of the Moon is greater than the wisdom of the Earth, because the Moon sees the universe better than the Earth can see it.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “It is no secret that the moon has no light of her own, but is, as it were, a mirror, receiving brightness from the influence of the sun.” – Vitruvius
- “The moon, like a flower in heaven’s high bower, With silent delight; Sits and smiles on the night.”- William Blake
- “I still say, ‘Shoot for the moon; you might get there.’” – Buzz Aldrin
- “Tell me what you feel in your room when the full moon is shining in upon you and your lamp is dying out, and I will tell you how old you are, and I shall know if you are happy.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
- “If someday the moon calls you by your name don’t be surprised, because every night I tell her about you.” — Shahrazad al-Khalij
- “The moon does not fight. It attacks no one. It does not worry. It does not try to crush others. It keeps to its course, but by its very nature, it gently influences. What other body could pull an entire ocean from shore to shore? The moon is faithful to its nature and its power is never diminished.” – Deng Ming-Dao
- “In presence of the Moon nobody sees stars.” – Amit Kalantri
- “There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.” – George Carlin
- “When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it’s all dark.” – Pink Floyd
- “And all the insects ceased in honor of the moon.” – Jack Kerouac
- “The moon — a luminous guide for the poetic musings of my soul.” – Meeta Ahluwalia
- “It was the kind of moon that I would want to send back to my ancestors and gift to my descendants so they know that I too have been bruised…by beauty.” – Sanober Khan
- "Life is too short to not have fun; we are only here for a short time compared to the sun and the moon and all that." – Coolio
- "There's something enchanted about night. All those heavenly bodies, shooting stars, the crescent moon, celestial phenomenon." – Luanne Rice
- "I feel like the moon is a very beautiful woman. She's in control." – Ravyn Lenae
- “Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.” – Mark Twain
- "Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." – Anton Chekhov
- "Those are the same stars, and that is the same moon, that look down upon your brothers and sisters, and which they see as they look up to them, though they are ever so far away from us, and each other." —Sojourner Truth
- “The moon rested right above the mountains, a place I call home.” – Daniel Wallock
- “When the storm is over and night falls and the moon is out in all its glory and all you’re left with is the rhythm of the sea, of the waves, you know what God intended for the human race, you know what paradise is.” – Harold Pinter
- “The moon looks upon many night flowers; the night flowers see but one moon.” – Jean Ingelow
- “There’s no point in saving the world if it means losing the moon.” – Tom Robbins
- "I love to think that animals and humans and plants and fishes and trees and stars and the moon are all connected." – Gloria Vanderbilt
- "Always remember we are under the same sky, looking at the same moon." – Maxine Lee
What are your favorite moon quotes for Instagram captions?
The moon is a constant presence that brings balance and harmony to the universe. Every one of us has been personally influenced by the forces of the moon. Keep these moon quotes in mind the next time you’re reading your horoscope or analyzing your cosmic birth chart. You can also use these moon quotes for Instagram captions to share the celestial beauty with your friends and family.
If you’re interested in astrology, you’ll love these insightful and funny moon quotes. These words of wisdom come from some of the greatest spiritual and scientific minds in the world. Share this collection of the best moon quotes with your loved ones today to spread the positive energy.
What are your favorite moon quotes about astrology, cosmic energy, and moon phases? Let us know in the comment section!